Letter to the Editor
August 13, 2016
The word that I have is that Hillary Clinton is within three points of winning the State of South Carolina in the general election.
The voting citizens of South Carolina owe her the win for this state.
To enumerate the reasons NOT to vote for Donald Trump is a waste of time. You know them already, but I will remind you:
1. Hate and derision are Trump’s best ploys. He hates Latinos, Jews, Muslims, LGBTs, POWs such as John McCain, Crying Babies and Women.
2. Respect for the President and other officers previously elected and serving this country, the handicapped, maimed and less fortunate is totally lacking.
3. His claims of “I can fix that, I alone can do that” are without any substantive backing. His failures and bankruptcies are nearly as numerous as his Trump Tower and Country Club properties.
4. Trump refuses to release his Tax Statements—a vetting that is prevalent with the most humble local office seeker. What, exactly, is he hiding? If he is the working man’s friend, why does he not share, just as any other politician?
5. Trump has been married twice before his number three wife. So much for vows and promises made. (That’s sarcasm.)
You and I, the voters here in South Carolina, can keep the narcissistic demigod Donald Trump from winning this state, and becoming the President of the United States.
Let’s do it together. Vote Hillary Clinton November 8, 2016.
Maxie W. Duke 306